Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Phat like that

In the words of Sir Mix A Lot:

So Cosmo says your fat
Well I ain't down with that!

Like I said in my previous post, thanks to my friends and family that sent me texts & emails stating that I wasn't fat.  It really got me to thinking that fat is such a negative word in this society that it's more like profanity.  People can use the words plump, round, squatty, chubby, buxom, etc....  But the when the word "FAT" is used in a sentence describing someone it can initiate gasps, reddened cheeks, and just down right embarrassment.  So I will do everything I can not to use the word f-a-t.  If I do use it then I will spell it out.  If I forget, call me out on it, will ya?

The word I will be using now is PHAT.  Because it's cool like that.  The Online Slang Dictionary says that phat is an adjective that means very good, excellent and COOL.  Just because I may have some extra poundage hanging around my hips, thighs, and other places, doesn't mean I still can't be phat.  So let's all make a conscious effort to use the word phat instead of that naughty three letter word that has the identical sound when spoken.  It will bring a smile to your face when you say it. (That is why you see the Phat Mama Tip of the Day, Follow Phat Mama, etc.)

If I would have thought about this before I made the site address, I would have made the site address be
phatmamaslim.blogspot.com.  The site is available, and I have thought about switching over to it.  It's early enough in the game, so I still may do it.  I had over 60 hits on my first post (THANKS!), and three sweet ladies are following me (publicly), so it's definitely a possibility.

Ok, I sat here for about five minutes after typing this and thought about the other site.  I decided to switch it over to phatmamaslim.  Come check it out and follow me in this journey!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
xoxo
phat mama


No comments:

Post a Comment